Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Lets get things rolling

I have finally wrapped up my first children's book... with four rounds of revisions and a cover redesign it felt like it took forever. I just recently printed out the entire book myself to send off to the printers to give them a reference for what the paintings should look like. I am super excited and really can't wait the 7 or so months it'll take to print the book.




I also submitted a piece to an art annual called Spectrum, and hopefully will make it in...The competition will be extremely fervent considering many of my favorite artist have also entered art.

And here is a portrait study I did from a photo of Hilary Duff, I guess it kinda looks like her, probably should have spent more time on the sketch...but I was more interested in painting the form.


3 comments: